If you ARE able to log into Windows:
- Just click the "JPCI
HelpDesk" icon on your Windows desktop
to go to our Atera support portal, where you can
submit a new support ticket (or look up existing or
closed tickets). The same icon appears in your
Windows system tray (the icons to the left of the
date and time in the lower right corner of your
Windows desktop), and offers additional options if
you right-click it. (If you don't see the icon in
the system tray, you may need to click the up arrow
to the left of the icons to "Show hidden icons").
NOTE: If this is your first time submitting a ticket using the new Atera system, you MUST submit the initial request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions in the reply to verify that the email address belongs to you (this prevents hackers and spammers from accessing the system posing as you).
If you are NOT able to log into Windows (PC dead, forgot password, network down, etc.):
- Send an email to email@example.com from any Internet-connected device. It will automatically be converted to a support ticket.
- Go to https://jpci.atera.com from any Internet connected device (another PC or Mac, your tablet or smartphone, etc.). NOTE: If this is your first time submitting a ticket using the new Atera system, you MUST submit the initial request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions in the reply to verify that the email address belongs to you (this prevents hackers and spammers from accessing the system posing as you).
- Call or text us on our office phone (541-410-2979)... remember that we DO NOT use phone calls or voicemail for urgent support requests, so using this method says "not urgent" and may take 24 hours for a response from the support team.
Why we REQUIRE using the HelpDesk for support:
JPCI is able to provide unlimited flat-rate tech support to all clients because we keep our overhead costs down:
- We work out of our homes rather than paying costly rent for an office in a business district
- We use sophisticated automated software to monitor and manage your systems and correct most problems automatically before you even know you had a problem
- We don't have a receptionist on staff to answer your calls, texts or emails... that means that the ONLY way for techs to get your urgent support requests is for you to submit them via our support portal so they get alerted via the Atera system. They can't stop work every five minutes to check email, voicemail, texts and such to see if someone needs them more urgently than the client they're in the middle of working with... Atera prioritizes the current tickets based on the level of urgency assigned by the client and alerts the techs accordingly). Hiring a receptionist or answering service to take support requests by phone would raise everyone's monthly contract cost by at least 50%.